Welcome to the twenty-first instalment of my Thankful Thursday series, a special edition expressing gratitude for Autumn! How fitting is it that today, a Thursday, is officially the last day of Autumn for 2018? Winter Solstice is tomorrow, and gosh am I ready for the days to start getting longer again.
This week, I’m focusing on gratitude for the beautiful Autumn we’ve had this year in Vancouver, and for the growth I’ve been able to manifest this season.
Here’s my Thankful Thursday for the Autumn season!
Things I am thankful for over this autumn season:
- The weather. Of course, in Vancouver style, we’ve had our fair share of rain. (Remember the 80mm we got last Tuesday? I don’t want to. ) However, this year was pretty good compared to last year… THIS was last autumn in Vancouver: 27 days of rain in November and 28 days of rain in October.
- The new flagship Indigo store opened around the corner from our apartment. This is bad for my wallet and good for my soul. I’ve already, on two separate occasions, been walking by and just stepped in to take a whiff for 30 seconds. If you know, you know. They also have a Starbucks!
- I managed to juggle coaching rugby on the weekends, taking two in-person classes at UBC to start my Masters, and working full-time in West Vancouver.
- I kept up an exercise routine, working out 5-6 times per week.
- I didn’t have any panic attacks.
And the main purpose of this post, Autumn 2018 in Vancouver: A photo essay.
Stanley Park and the West End.
Back to the seawall.
Back to UBC. I’m sensing a pattern here.
And back to the seawall.
Crazy sunrise on the seawall.
And back to UBC for another evening.
A gorgeous weekend in Kamloops for rugby.
English Bay, Second Beach, and the West End.
A visit to a friend’s with beautiful views.
At work in the rain, even that’s pretty.
Back at UBC.
Another seawall dump.
Freaky sunset in Yaletown.
My last seawall visit of Autumn.
Pockets of sunlight and cozy in the midst of dreariness.
A gorgeous sunrise upon arrival at work to end it off.
Here’s to a Winter of chasing more light and getting even cozier.
And hopefully getting back to blogging more regularly, but with three courses this semester instead of two, we’ll see.
There you have it!
So, that’s my Thankful Thursday list for this season. I hope it inspires you to make your own, and get on that gratitude train!
Peace and love,