Welcome to the seventh instalment of my Thankful Thursday! This week’s theme is my birthday week. Sadly, I’m a day late again, but I’m vowing not to make it a trend! Next week’s Thankful Thursday will come out on Thursday.
This week I’m focusing on gratitude for my life in general and what turning 27 has meant to me.
Here’s my Thankful Thursday for the Week of May 25-May 31, 2018!
Things I am thankful for this week:
- The awesome birthday I had on Wednesday
- Work was a low-stress day, and I had my prep block (on day 1 I teach all 4 blocks, but on day 2 I teach 3)
- I got my free Starbucks birthday drink (Triple Venti Caramel Macchiato)
- Andrew and I went to dinner at Earl’s and watched the hockey and tennis
- Then we went to see Deadpool 2 which was HILARIOUS
The title of this post, Birthday Week!
- Every year on my birthday, I naturally get retrospective about the last year. Usually this leads to gratitude. My 20s have been incredibly eventful so far, and I have so much to be thankful for, this year especially!
- I finished my Diploma in Guidance Studies, the first step to becoming a counsellor.
- I got a full-time continuing contract with West Vancouver Schools, at the school I’m at this year. For all you NB’ers, this means a B contract. I’m here to stay!
- I got accepted to my Master’s program of choice at UBC, School Counselling. This will be my fourth (and last!!!) university program. I’m very excited to start in September (and excited to finish May 2021).
- I coached three rugby teams (girls’ age-grade club, high school girls, and girls’ PRCs).
- I signed up for two more half marathons and ran one (the next is June 24th, and I’m rehabbing my butt off to be able to run it!).
- Andrew and I got to spend a rejuvenating weekend in Whistler around our second wedding anniversary.
- We also got to go to Calgary for Christmas and spend a week with family.
- I travelled to Cuba with Mom for a week over Spring Break.
- Both Andrew and I are feeling happier than ever and really excited about our life plans.
- Life is pretty good, and on my 27th birthday I was and am feeling really grateful for my past 27 years of life. I’m working in a professional field that I love, and I get to write and be creative and read like a fiend in my spare time. I’m active and do community activities, and I hang out with friends virtually and in-person often. Mental health is a struggle as it always has been, but I’m really getting good at appreciating what I have. Here’s to my 28th year!
There you have it!
So, that’s my Thankful Thursday list for this week. I hope it inspires you to make your own, and get on that gratitude train!
Peace and love,