Welcome to the ninth instalment of my Thankful Thursday, The Little Things! Finally back to actually posting on Thursday.
This week I’m focusing on gratitude for the little things, of which there were several this week.
Here’s my Thankful Thursday for the Week of June 8 – June 14, 2018!
Things I am thankful for this week:
- Andrew brought a Lucky’s donut home from work for me today
- These floofers on Granville Street
- I got a lot of marking done! There are still huge mounds to go but I feel like I’m actually going to make it.
- This owl mug I got at London Drugs for $3.99. $3.99!!! (I actually got two, and they are slightly different)
- These views on my runs
- Our favourite brunch locale, Craft Beer Market in False Creek, empty and super peaceful on Sunday morning after I ran 20k (more on that in a sec).
- This view from my best friend’s apartment.
- This piece of art in Starbucks while I did some marking with said friend.
- The view I get every day when I leave work.
Also, some not-so-little things.
- I knew I wanted to see if I could run the 20k scheduled for Sunday (the last run longer than 10k until race day), so I decided to do a slow stationary bike ride on Saturday to loosen up my legs instead of the 6k steady. I biked for the same amount of time it would have taken me to do the run. Then, on Sunday, I planned to head out around Stanley Park for a 10k, and then turn around and go all the way back if it went well. It did, so I completed 20k!! It took me 2:33, so I’m changing my expectations for the half, but I’m thankful I was able to do it at all.
- I’m also hella thankful for this gorgeous 7am view about a quarter of the way through:
- Finally, I had to schedule an appointment in the middle of the day on Tuesday, so I decided to take the day off work and schedule some other appointments too. I got by thyroid checked on the new dose and it’s back to normal (I could have told you that myself based on how I’ve felt, but it’s nice for the blood work to confirm it for me). Physio was amazing as always. I had a fantastic counselling session. And I got my nails done! It was a much-needed mental (and physical) health day. And it turns out I got my favourite TOC in for me! 🙂
Here’s my nails!
There you have it!
So, that’s my Thankful Thursday list for this week. I hope it inspires you to make your own, and get on that gratitude train!
Peace and love,