Welcome to the fourth week of my Thankful Thursday. This week has flown by, and this time I’m focusing on gratitude for getting my motivation back.
Here’s my Thankful Thursday for the Week of May 4-May 10, 2018!
Things I am thankful for this week:
- I was able to run my half-marathon on Sunday. My hip gave out at around 13-14km in. I ended up missing my PB by 6 seconds, but I did PB the first 5k (28:31) and 10k (1:00:15), which I’m proud of.
- It was also really great to have Dad, Sharon, and Andrew all at the finish line cheering me on.
- I felt like I was going to die for the last 400 metres and their cheering really got me over the finish line!
- I’m also thankful for all the awesome signs that people held along the course. Some of my favourites:
- If Trump can run, so can you
- Run quietly, I’m hungover
- Smile, you paid to do this
- Go random stranger go
- Worst parade ever
- Run like someone called you a jogger
- The weather has been pretty consistently good once again, and I’m really enjoying the sun
- We’ve had a few really nice dinners and visits with my Dad and Sharon and got to play Mario Kart together (I’ll let you imagine who won, lol)
- Since my hip flexor is pretty sore after the run, I’m now on a complete rest period until it’s entirely better. It’s nice to be forced to slow down after 5 months of non-stop training.
- I’ve also booked a chiro appointment and a physio session, which I’m really excited about. Chiro is today, I can’t wait!
- And the title of this post, motivation! For most of March and April, I had totally lost all my motivation, and over the past week it’s finally felt like it’s coming back. I think that some of this could be due to the change in my thyroid meds, which really has lessened my levels of fatigue. My counselling appointment on Tuesday really helped, also. Those sessions really help me process all the things going through my head at a mile a minute. I also think the sun and the longer days are helpful as well. It’s nice to get home from work and still have at least 3-4 hours of sunlight left both for energy and to bask in.
- I’ve also been reading more. The catalyst for this was realizing that I had an Advanced Reader Copy of a book to read and review two days before the due date.
There you have it!
So, that’s my Thankful Thursday list for this week. I hope it inspires you to make your own, and get on that gratitude train!
Peace and love,